Monday, February 25, 2008

The Abomination of Suicide

I found this link on LGF. A blogger I have never heard of apparently committed suicide and connected his act with the struggle to sustain freedom and western values. Here is a quote:

What I did is not suicide. It is the action of a patriot and idealist who loves God and Country, and who makes a very public statement as a warning of a New Dark Age that looks America straight in the face armed with a hideous ideology that makes the German Nazis or Russian Communists look like bleeding heart liberals. I hope my fellow Countrymen will rally once gain in the defense of liberty no matter how long and hard the struggle.


I call it pathetic.

Friends, I beg of you, if you ever come to a place in your life where suicide seems like a good idea or somehow inevitable think again that is bullshit. If anyone close to you expresses any such feelings, beware, this is the quintessential blackmail/guilt trip.

As a fellow blogger and freedom fighter whose own brother committed suicide many years ago I must say that I am torn apart by this act of infamous and irrational cowardice. It needs to be said; suicide is for cowards, idiots, dupes, the mentally ill and the denizens of honor-shame cultures. It is NOT a normative Judeo-Christian response. Whatever personal demons moved Mr.Barbour to this action, he has done the free world and all of his fellow citizen-soldiers in this battle a grievous disservice in connecting his suicide to our cause. My brother inflicted intolerable pain and guilt on our family with his suicide but at least he didn’t drag the rest of western civilization into it.

No comments: